Thursday, October 17, 2013

Those Perfect Little Readings

My oldest child is starting high school next fall, and in our county the school system is organized "magnet-style," allowing any student in the county to attend any school that has a program or focus that they're interested in.  Each school has their own emphasis, whether it's engineering, computer science, health care, or even culinary arts.  So she has been going back and forth between two options that she's attracted to, and keeps coming home with more and more paperwork and handouts and literature about each school.  Last night I told her we could do a little spread to see if the cards encourage one over the other.  I first decided that one school would be represented by Air, and the other by Fire (I used the Vision Quest Tarot by Gayan Silvie Winter and Joe Dose - U.S. Games).  I thought I'd just see if there was a majority of one or the other in a three-card draw.  This is what I pulled:


If you can't see well, that's the 4 of Fire (Completion), the Lovers, and the 2 of Air (Inner Peace).  Sigh.  One school sits on either side of the big decision.  4 + 2 = 6 = the Lovers.  It's like a perfect circle, a rounded out message saying "the choice is yours!"  When these perfect little readings manifest, sometimes I just want to laugh at the magic of it all.

2 comments:

  1. Yes it is wonderful how the cards point to our own responsibility. I've had the same experience a few day's ago when I was pulling more cards to elaborate on the answer I 'd already got, which wasn't clear at all. And what do you think; I got the exact same answer again.
    Some things you just have to figure out on your own
    I wish the both of you much wisdom for you choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks, Ellen! Yeah I felt that it was saying "it's your choice" and also giving the advice that while both options may provide a different environment, both could be good in their own, unique way. We'll have to go to some meetings about these schools, and hopefully she'll be able to make up her mind!! :)

      Delete